Topics planned for MetFoam 2023 include, but are not limited to:
- Research in fabrication of cellular metals by conventional and novel methods:
- Foaming, sintering, moulding, etc.
- Special topical focus: Theory and practice of additively manufactured cellular metals, i. e. lattice structures, scaffolds etc.
- Characterization and properties of cellular metals:
- Novel characterization methods
- Mechanical properties
- Fluid, heat, and mass transfer properties
- Other properties related to the morphological description and applications of cellular metals
- Design and simulation of open and closed cell porous metals
- Porous metallic biomaterials
- Nanoporous metals
- Application studies and industrial applications of porous metals and metallic foams.
A facultative visit of the Fraunhofer IFAM labs in Dresden and the Fraunhofer IWU Metal Foam Center in Chemnitz will be offered as part of the conference.